On behalf of our automotive supplier client, we are recruiting for a Mold Maker; committed to the design, manufacture and assembly of quality exterior trim.
Headquartered in Sterling Heights Michigan and are seeking knowledgeable, self-directed, experienced and hardworking individuals interested in the automotive industry as a Mold Maker.
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field. Tool & Die or Mold Maker preferred
Job Objective and Summary:
- Reporting to the Molding Manager, the Mold Maker is responsible to upgrade and maintain all existing tooling. They will be responsible for, adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in the ISO9001:2015 AND IATF 16949 Quality System and practicing continuous improvement wherever possible.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in injection mold tooling repair and maintenance
- Demonstrated working knowledge of tool room equipment, welding, rigging, hand tools
- Keep maintenance and repair of molds as priority number one in order to keep production running at all times
- Compute dimensions and tolerances
- Operate numerous machines including: mills, lathes, grinders and spotting press
- Maintain and upgrade all existing tooling
- Manufacture and fit parts for molds, injection machinery and miscellaneous jobs, dictated through work orders
- Do machine mold repairs when the job dictates
- Maintain and repair Tool Room equipment where applicable
- Make quick assessments on mold repairs and liaison with engineering and quality assurance on any requirements associated with the repairs
- Prepare molds for shipments and where applicable transport molds to local shops for repair (i.e. welding)
- Responsible for PM program of molds
- Ensure Tool Room is kept in a clean and safe work environment
- Assist Supervisors, Mold Manager & maintenance staff with process trouble shooting, mold setting, machine repair and back up supervision when required.
Shift and Compensation:
- Compensation depends on employment history and experience: $30.00-$39.00
- Steady Day shift: 9:00am-5:30pm or 10:00am-6:30pm
- Overtime pay after 40 hours in one work week